The Portsmouth Catholic graduate exhibits the virtue of faith in everyday life. Our graduate:
- Understands that Catholic beliefs and practices are rooted in the Sacred Scripture and Tradition.
- Develops a lifelong relationship with God through prayer, worship and service.
- Values and participates in the sacramental life of the Church.
- Recognizes that each individual is unique and should be treated with respect.
- Understands that the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist is the foundation of our Faith.
- Bears witness to the Church’s teachings on life issues.
- Relates the new Testament to their own life.
The Portsmouth Catholic graduate take pride in the acquired academic skills needed for success in all institutions of higher learning. Our graduate:
- Applies critical and creative thinking skills.
- Uses effective study habits.
- Balances academics and extra-curricular activities through the effective use of time management skills.
- Utilizes innovative technology and resources neccessary for the 21st Century.
- Communicates effectively in written, oral, and artistic forms.
- Recognizes and respects the gifts and talents of all people.
- Respects and appreciates people of all cultures.
- Understands learning is a lifelong process.
The Portsmouth Catholic graduate is a responsible steward of one’s time, talent, and effort exemplifying the love of Christ for others. Our graduate:
- Recognizes the importance of sharing one’s gifts with others as an expression of God’s love.
- Puts faith into action through living the Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy.
- Reaches out to the local and global community.
- Respects all of God’s creation and considers the impact of their action on the environment and makes sustainable choices.
- Shows compasion towards victims of social injustice and seek positive solutions.